D&D4e Gothic Hunter Campaign
House Rules - Leveling Up
Instead of adding your half level to ALL skills, you only add it to your TRAINED skills.
Discussion welcomed for this rule. It was added at Rob’s suggestion. Might compensate by giving players a bonus trained skill at level 1?
Every time you level up (including 1st level), gain one of the following bonuses:
- You gain a minimum enchantment bonus for all weapons/implements you wield, equal to the number of times you’ve gained this bonus.
- Treat any mundane weapon/implement you wield as a Magic Weapon/Implement.
- You gain a minimum enchantment bonus for all armour/neck slot items you wear, equal to the number of times you’ve gained this bonus.
- Treat any mundane armour you wear as Magic Armour, and if you’re not wearing a neck slot item you count as wearing an Amulet of Protection.
- Select a magic item equal to or lower than your level. You gain the effects of that item as though you had it equipped.
- The item must occupy a slot. Selecting the same slot twice overrides the previous item.
- If the item is a weapon/implement, it uses your Offense enchantment bonus. Armour/neck slot items use your Defense enchantment bonus.
- While you have an actual magic item equipped in that slot, you only benefit from the item.
- You learn two rituals of any level less than or equal to your own.
- If you don’t have the Ritual Caster feat, you instead learn one ritual and gain that feat.
Offense and Defense can only be selected once per 5 levels (once up to level 5, twice up to level 10, etc).